Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:14:38 -0800
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] Hollister Hills Spring Syncro Event Dates
Comments: To: sxs@concentric.net
Comments: cc: "syncro@egroups.com" <Syncro@yahoogroups.com>,
          syncrosafari@egroups.com, "gaack@tonto.stanford.edu"
          <gaack@tonto.stanford.edu>

Ok, I will be there. Still a ways off.

Mark

sxs@concentric.net wrote: > > The dates for the Hollister syncro event will be May > 18-20. We have area 5 secured. And there are free > showers now, too, right at area 5. > > See http://www.hollisterhills.com/parkinfo.html for > park info. > > See > http://www.vanagon.com/journeys/gatherings/04-09-2000/index.html > for last year's event. > > We get 800 acres and 25 miles of trails, plus our own > secure, gated private campground, with private access > to the trails. > > A few changes this year: > > I will put together some sort of rough schedule of > events. > > I expect a lot more vans this year. I need to figure > out what the maximum number should be. Probably 30+, > including some 2wd vanagons/busses although syncros > will have priority up to the cutoff date). So, if you > want to come, it might be a good idea to get on the > list NOW. Even if you already have indicated you are > coming. > > Camping is only $10 a night. We would like to do more, > though. Most of us are not drunks, but some wine and > or a cocktail is nice to have at the end of the day, > and related snacks, cheese, etc. It helps break the > ice for us shy folk, or the significant others who > magnanimously tagged along. Plus, I want this to be a > special event for the kids, too. So, I may ask that > people contribute a little extra to help with these > community efforts. A pot luck meal would be nice, > too. Tell me what you will bring! > > Ideas/suggestions also welcome. > > I need some help! I could use a volunteer or two to > help. Maybe someone to help get things we will need, > and someone to help lay out the campground on Friday, > or direct people when they arrive. And to help with > the remote control car track, getting it laid out, and > other kid activities. I plan to do most of the work, > but i will have two seven year olds with me, so i will > need some help! > > Start sending me your RSVPs. I will work on an event > packet in the mean time. > steve > > p.s. expect weather in the 80's, sunny and nice. > > If you would like to modify your subscription settings (including unsubscribing), visit: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro > Please remember that rude or offensive language is not allowed on the Syncro list. Please try your best to resolve differences privately and keep them off the list.