Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:14:23 -0500
From:         Doug Alcock <dgalcock@HEWITT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Berg short shift kit group purchase?
Comments: To: EVEHART33@AOL.COM
Comments: cc: PGB@DOLBY.COM

>Berg will give us 15% off their $31 price bringing our cost to $25.46 each >plus the shipping and reshipping for a minimum order of 5 units. I don't have >the funds to front a group purchase but if a more "financially positioned" >member wants to organize it, I think we have enough interest. Anyone up for >it? > >Ken Hunter >82 Westy 1.9D >84 Jetta 1.5D

I'm interested and there are two other Canadians as well. Peter Buettner just finished organising the Airlift group purchase and perhaps we can ask his opinion on how to go about this.I have a couple of thoughts (though god knows they're lonely).

1) In the Airlift purchase. Airlift handled the shipping from their end. Hopefully Berg would do this as well. It seems like a huge task to saddle one list member with --- receiving and re-directing x number of short shift kits. Airlift also got enough orders to absorb the shipping costs (to US and Canada) themselves. Hopefully, if we get enough orders Berg would do this --- maybe even drop their price further. Since you (Ken) got a reply out of Berg --- I tried but they didn't respond ---- maybe you'd be willing to enquire further

2) With the Airlift purchase, Peter collected the money --- he didn't front the purchase. So we don't need a Daddy Warbucks here. We need someone willing to collect and hold the cash and then remit it en masse to Berg along with the order list. The whole question of exchange rate and lack of Paypal for Canada precludes me from doing this.

3) I am willing to set up a web form to collect order data and to take care of that end of things.

4) One more question for Peter. How many Airlift kits were purchased?? ---- this would probably be a good number to quote at Berg.

What do y'all think??

Cheers, Doug Alcock '84 Westy Toronto, Canada