Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Feb 2001 11:34:05 -1000
From:         Mick Kalber <hotlava@INTERPAC.NET>
Subject:      shower mod - what NOT to do

OK... knew all you guys would get a kick out of this one... several of you have suggested throwing the solar bag on the luggage rack when leaving for camping and taking a nice warm shower upon arrival at the campsite... sounded like a good idea to me, so I did just that and went out to run some errands before hitting the road. Figured, in my infinite wisdom that the bag would be going nowhere since it was full of heavy water... WRONG! Had to brake fairly quickly for a truck that was pulling out of a driveway when the shower bag when flying in front of me and landed in the street. DOH!

I retrieved the bag... vowed to bungee it down (of course) before leaving and proceeded to cautiously drive home. Naturally another woman stopped quickly in front of me... I was able to stop without losing the bag (why didn't I just put it inside anyway?), but she then backed up, yelled at me about why didn't I stop... didn't I see her backup lights... and then made some reference to the lower rear part of my anatomy and my association with it.

Hmmm... oh, well, the beach awaits... good thing it's Friday.

Mick 89 Syncro Westy "Daddeo" Hilo, Hawaii