Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Feb 2001 12:03:46 -0500
From:         Schmidt <schmidt5@HSONLINE.NET>
Subject:      more o2 trouble

Since the o2 senser is in the news here lately, I am wondering if anything would be hurt(other than ozone) by permanently disconnecting the booger. My 84 frequently had the famed symptoms until I dc'd the o2 senser and then they cleared up. Bus depot sent me a brand new one which I installed per the instructions, but the problem resurfaced. Again, said symptoms are : frequent loss of power on the highway, whereupon the van won't get over 60 mph or pass anything even when florred, very rough idle very poor response to the accel pedal, horrible gas mileage

***DOES THE O2 SENSER READ WRONG AND FOUL THINGS IF THE CAT HAS BEEN REPLACED BY A STRAIGHT PIPE? THE CAT IS DISTAL TO IT, BUT PERHAPS A CHANGE IN FLOW IS SCREWING UP THESIGNAL TO THE "BRAIN."

Again, without the senser, the van ran wonderfully for several days and I'm thinking it's better to run with the exhaust a little dirty than to get 10 mpg and have NO power. Can I just disconnect this for good? Jay in Windiana

[text/html]