Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Feb 2001 12:31:32 -0500
From:         Schmidt <schmidt5@HSONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: more o2 trouble
Comments: To: Joel Walker <jwalker17@earthlink.net>

Nah Joel, I asked the list about this before doing the replacement. the sensor came with "factory antiseize" and I added none. As for the other points you mentioned, wouldnt the van still run poorly even with the 02 sensor disconnected if there was a problem elsewhere? My symptoms would show up every twenty miles or so and clear right up when I stopped, shut off the motor, then restarted. When I dc'd the 02 sensor the van ran very well for 1000 miles-though idled slower and I had to keep one foot on the gas pedal when I'd come to a stop. FWIW, the idle stabilizer is brand new, and I cleaned the AFM as per the archives. (THANKS SAM!) I appreciate your response and your thoughts on this as I'm still rather new to this water cooled business. Jay