Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Feb 2001 19:08:33 -0700
From:         LA & Glen <lagcook@TELUSPLANET.NET>
Subject:      Re: '82 Vanagon Diesel

Hi Volks,

Here's my opinion. The best bang for your buck would be to put in a 1.9L Turbo Diesel ngine( no intercooler). These engines were not imported in to the US, but they were imported into Canada. I think you would be pleased with the increased buying power of your US$ in Canada. I know fellow syncro list member Karl Mullendore put a Cdn 1.9TD in his Westy. The power and torque increase from the 1.6L NA to the 1.9L TD is very nice! You would have to run the oil return line form the turbo into the oil pan, instead of the side of the block. If you were to get one of these motors I would contact Karl and get the prices and details. Also fellow list member David Marshall of http://.www.fastforward.ca fame is also very knowledgeable. David is also very well connected in the VW dismantling industry on the West Coast of Canada.

Cheers Glen ----- Original Message ----- From: Michael Snow <mwsnow@HOME.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2001 3:24 PM Subject: Re: '82 Vanagon Diesel