Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Feb 2001 17:39:24 -0700
From:         Mark Keller <tyler@ISLANDNET.COM>
Subject:      O2 Sensor

As to the O2 closed loop mode discussion, I'm not sure it really matters how often a closed loop system cycles. What I'm interested in list members understanding that adjusting the fuel injection system is done open loop. It is important that the o2 functions, but it just seems to me that people rely on the o2 to control the fuel mixture and forget that the basic fuel mixture should be set correctly first.

When I hear comments about the crossover being too fast, it makes me wonder what the basic fuel mixture is. I was working on our 88 Sunbird and the fast crossover is listed as a possible fault with the basic fuel injection pulse. The sentence went something like, if the crossover speed is excessively fast, verify basic fuel injection mixture. I believe this scenario is a possibility on the Vanagon too.

Anothor possiblity is the difference in how the Different ECU's operate.

Sincerely,

Mark Keller 91 Carat