Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Feb 2001 10:47:02 -0500
From:         Tom Cates <tom.c_samsoncorp@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Fox Trail Family Campground WARNING

http://www.galaxgazette.com/

http://www.thecarrollnews.com/

Reported By Snoopy. Let the locals know what you think.

Over Christmas I decided to take a couple weeks to tool around the Blue Ridge Mountains and the parkway. Well the parkway was snowed over so just camped whenever and wherever I could on back roads. Well I brought the AAA camp guide and one night it was getting dark so I decided to go to FOX TRAIL FAMILY CAMPGROUND. It is in Fancy Gap, VA. Well it is about 5:30 PM and the gate is half open when I pull up. So I drive in and go to the office. Other people are camping. Well the office is dark and no sign about late check ins like most camp grounds so I turn around and start to head back out. As I am pulling away the host comes down from the house and asks what I am doing, I tell him I was just looking for a place to camp, saw the office was closed and was just leaving. Well he pulls a gun and aims it at the under side of my bus and says I thought you were leaving. And I did.

I reported this event to AAA, they are sending a copy of my report to the field inspector for review during the property's upcoming evaluation. They go on to say should this be a recurring pattern it would be grounds for withdrawal of the AAA endorsement. So from what I get from the letter, they are doing nothing, so.....

OBC If you are driving a bus I would think twice about camping at this camp ground.

Peace Brothers and Sisters, Snoopy

If you are going to walk on thin ice, you may as well Dance... proud member http://www.FullMoonBusClub.com Local Newspapers for Carrol County Virginia.

Tom Cates Samson Corporation Swannanoa, NC-USA 828-686-8511 tom.c_samsoncorp@mindspring.com http://www.samsoncorporation.com/

[text/html]