Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Feb 2001 08:56:56 -0800
From:         Craig Spaeth <spaeth@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      Re: birth certificate stuff

I don't know anyone involved, so this is not meant to have anything to do with character judgements. There was a web site up where you could send in for your VW birth certificates. I did this for two of my vintage busses. On the third they sent me a letter saying that due to the poor condition of the micro fiche and the special handling it took they were not going to offer this service anymore. From the reaction of some on the vintage bus list some got this letter some got nothing. On the web site you did not have to send in money but I have seen the mail in directions and they specifically ask for an exact amount of DM. It seems from vintage bus list posts that some received their money back and others did not. I am guessing (this is the gut feel part based on my own opinion, not having met any of these people, but always thinking that people generally try to do good, on which I have been burnt only a few times) ...no, I am going to leave this out. I will just pass on these facts and you can do what you will, but I would guess there would be faster ways to get rich. hope this helps someone, Craig the Gorge VW club gorgevwclub.com