Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:18:31 -0800
From:         Graham Challis <centumg@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westy swivel seat plate SOLD

I paid $100 for one of these swivellers a couple of years ago, sold to me by another very active list member. I thought it was a fair price given that they seemed to be quite rare. $20 is a steal IMO! The guy I bought from does seem to be in the business of buying and selling VWs and parting them out though (not sure if he's a bona fide reseller or just a guy that knows how to make a few bucks on the side).

One question you may know the answer to: I put my swivel mech. in a 90GL on the passenger side only and found that the bolt for the battery holddown bracket is now very difficult to get to. At the back of the swivel plate there is (if I recall) some sort of drilled lip presumably for a different sort of holddown bracket. Is that true - do the westies have a different bracket? (writing this at work so hard to visualize what the setup looks like).

TIA Graham 90 GL auto country homes camper

--- Steven.Denis@WALTERKIDDE.COM wrote: > WHOA! Ok guys/gals! > I've gotten a whole bunch of requests for this one, > poor, lonely westy seat > track thing. > I got the first request and it goes to him. > I've been told that $20 is way too low.. > (I was going to throw it out!) > Here's the deal. I know where there are more. I can > get at least 4 > additonal ones and maybe more. > to be fair to all parties, how is the best way to > handle this? > It takes me a few minutes to take 'em out. I use a > really thin cut off > wheel on the angle grinder (and I have moble power > as the whole reason for > removing mine was to install the 1500 watt inverter) > I can pull up to the > "donor" and cut 'em out... I have to drive to these > places abnd pay for the > things...I'll have more time and $$ in them than I > had in this, but it > ain't rocket science. I want to be fair to all > parties. > Is it fair and nice to have a fixed price (which I > don't have a clue as to > what they are "worth") or do I put them on e-bay or > something.. > help! > > steve.... > > notajeep@aol.com