Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Feb 2001 07:23:06 -0500
From:         Stephen Steele <steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET>
Subject:      Prospective dates for Central Ohio Westies
Comments: To: lon herman <herman.40@osu.edu>, ron hall <watts85@bright.net>,
          phil lange <philange@juno.com>,
          william duvall <wgduvall@ci.westerville.oh.us>,
          jay holwick <jholwick@netpluscom.com>,
          mark upton <vwmark@concentric.net>,
          michael d lincicome <MICHAEL_D_LINCICOME@sunoil.com>,
          aaron badertscher <veedubs@valkyrie.net>,
          jonathan cooper <cooper@bqmlaw.com>, larry hensley <a003175@ezo.net>,
          jeff <Jkpvw@aol.com>, mark <vwmark@concentric.net>,
          andrew payton <zenlunatic42@usa.net>,
          jay schmidt <schmidt5@hsonline.net>,
          jim and melody sperl <JiMelody@worldnet.att.net>,
          todd guttman <tguttman@columbus.rr.com>,
          greg stelz <gstelz1@yahoo.com>

Who: We now number eighteen. I am encouraged by the your responses. It is my goal to have as many of you as possible to attend the first meeting so that we can determine the group's REAL first get together in camping mode. If you would like to bring a written biography and/or history of your VW van(s) to place on your windshield as an icebreaker that might help (?). Any body have any experience at this sort of thing? I don't.

WHERE: I am proposing that we meet around noon in German Village (just South of downtown Columbus ... directions to follow). The area is full of good art, architecture, bars, restaurants, breweries, bookstores, shops, and most within walking distance of almost anywhere we finally choose. This is also a dog friendly area...but that is your call (bring curb bags and leashes if you bring your dog). I will make some inquiries about meeting at a school /church/business parking lot that could accommodate all of us that attend.

WHEN: February 17 or March 3 or March 10

Please submit your choice ASAP and I will make the majority's choice known also ASAP.

WHAT: I propose a two hour window (noon to 2pm) for general meeting, display of vehicles, and discussion. Lunch on your own or in your VW, before, during or after the meeting...I will, personally, probably eat afterwards as I don't want to miss any of the whole thing. Snacks(?).

Next: The end product of the meeting (assuming compatibility) would be an agreed upon time and place for our INITIAL CAMPOUT. So bring your ideas, calendars and maps in order to plan for the best.

I hope this is agreeable to you, please respond with your input to any of the above.

VanagonListees....sorry for the WOBW...just trying to get the word out and of course... anybody's welcome. -- Stephen Steele Chillicothe OH '91 Caravelle Hans '84 Westfalia Fritz or Sunny?