Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Feb 2001 19:50:57 -0500
From:         Ron Semko <vwbuspilot@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Safari Trek
Comments: To: hdeboer@BSSD.NET

Hermann wrote:

> Ron, > >ditto here. I fell in love with the Trek Isuzu at a KOA in Spokane. A road >construction worker used it during his seasonal jobs. He volunteered to >show >us his Trek and we liked it. Do they come with the second bed that lifts up >- we have two children? Also, can you tow a small car/jeep behind it? >Third, >can you get them close to 20 000$ used? >TIA > >Cheers, >Hermann de Boer >87 Westy

Herman,

The second bed that you are refering to is the "Magic Bed", that drops down from the ceiling, it is "standard equipment" on all the 24 and 28 foot Trek's.

They built a 30 and 33 foot Trek for a couple of years with a Cummings 190 diesel, or Chevy 454 gas, that had a seperate bedroom, and on those units the Magic bed was an option. But for the average buyer it was too underpowered for the weight (guess the "average buyer" never owned a Vanagon).

Yes you can tow a small car/jeep behind the Trek (even the Izuzu powered Trek), it comes equiped with a tow hitch and elec hookup.

Now for price, $20,000. M'mmmmmmmm maybe. I just appraised a 1997 with 17,000 miles on the clock at the Safari Ralley, and it booked out for $38,000 wholesale. These units tend to hold thier value because of the construction and materials used. Thier hard to hurt unless you really abuse them. You may find a used Izuzu powered Trek in that price range.

Now to prove that I actually sell these (OK, I'm actually the Show Team Sales Manager, but I do sell them too.): I do happen to have a great selection of used Treks in inventory, including three Izuzu powered, if you are interested let me know and I will check out how much we really have in the units, and I will give you the best price.

Actually you can go to our website at:

www.batesrv.com

scroll through and see the inventory yourself.

Ron Semko Orlando, Florida