Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:02:14 -0500
From:         Sam Walters <slwalters@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      What is Lilly rebuild, was lousy mileage
Comments: To: Brian Cochran <rangerbrian@HOTMAIL.COM>

Brian,

You can search the archives, or wade through the attached files. They are comprised of dozens of posts about what Robert Lilley did to his engine to improve performance and hopefully longevity. I have not gotten around to editing them to eliminate redundancy. Mr. Lilley generously took the time to respond to many inquiries in great detail. Depending on the question asked, sometime there was more info about one aspect of his engine or another, although he generally was describing the same rebuild process. There is also a file called the half Lilley which was a phrase used to describe the easier more accessible enhancements that were part of his rebuild.

This is simply cut and paste. I would take an email, cut and paste it into a WordPerfect document, find the next one that had good info and do the same expanding the document. I have barely looked at it since doing this initial step. No editing by me, no input, etc. The words of Mr. Lilley and the questioners, debaters, etc.

So this will save you lots of time as opposed to an archives search. Hopefully by summer, I'll have some other vanagon projects finished and get around to editing this and using it to improve my engines.

Sam Walters 84 Vanagon 89 Syncro