Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Feb 2001 11:14:48 -0800
From:         Radish150 <radish150@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Oh my butt hurts from that spanking! (no content)

First of all, I would like to make it clear to some of you, that AT NO TIME was I ever the target of anyone telling me to "stick to the subject" or telling me not to "cuss". That's because I WAS sticking pretty much to the "rules" and I only once used any sort of profanity on the list (barely), in the form of the word ass. So, you see I was not taking anything personally, I was responding to a perceived tendency for people on this list, to be very quick to impose their ideas of decorum to OTHERS (such as Mr. "Thing and others). So when I said "get off my ass" I was speaking for others, not my (ass).

Now in the case of Mr. 3rd grade insult man, despite my feigned indignation, I was really more surprised by the level and nature of the comment than I was personally offended. In retrospect though, I'm sure I had it coming given the "outrageous" nature of my post. So, Sir Walter, your right, I should be able to take a joke. So, Ha ha, yes it was pretty clever, never even heard it before. Sounds like it was out of some little paperback "book of insults" though.

Oh well, I guess I shall put too bed this issue. It's worn out it's welcome no doubt. I will say though, for all your information, that the P-mail responses were about mixed as far as "for and against" my post.

I'm now going to (as per Sir Walter) go practice being philosophically consistent, go look for those pesky redundancies, and pursue something constructive.

See you in church, Mark...

P.S. Illogical?

Sam Walters wr