Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Feb 2001 19:09:10 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <jhrodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: road rage...my first experience tonite.. LOCK YOUR DOORS!!!
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

Chris, you did the cool thing. Let it go, man, but remember the lesson. This was scarey, and any time you can back out of a situation like that the better. No matter what it takes, better to get out of the situation. Dead is dead. And over what? The actions and behavior of some asshole? You were right on in trying to cool it as best you could.

Glad you are OK. I mean, after all, if something happened to ya, where else am I going to get used parts for my van. <g>

Recently, here in Alabama two mothers (both female type with children) got into it ...road rage....and now one is dead and the other in prison for murder. Two families completely ruined. And for what??

BTW, there are security window tint films out now that will stop a .45 caliber slug. Your encounter didn't include gunplay, but the two ladies I mentioned engaged in it. One shot the other throught the glass in the window.

Take care,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

JordanVw@AOL.COM wrote:

> tonight i was at the local mall, went there w/ a female friend for a > dinner/ > movie.. we were heading out from dinner, over to the movie theatres. > > parking lot is filled with big piles of plowed up snow, so visibility > around > corners etc, is limited. > Got to an intersection in the mall parking lot, looked both ways, then > > proceeded. view to my left was blocked by a big pile of snow, so i > didnt see > this guy (i am using the term "guy" to be nice at this point) in a SUV > flying > aroung the corner.. ok, no biggie, i lead foot it, get out of his > way. he > slows, (not locking brakes) and hits the horn as he passes me. ok, > so it > was a minor inconvienience, and i should have been alittle more > careful, my > visibility was limited, but no harm done, shrug it off. . Anyway so i > go > onto the movie theatre, a few minutes more, and park. well, much to > my > astonishment - this "guy" (punk ass kid describes it better) looked > to be > in his early 20's? who was driving the SUV pulls right up to me > (aparently he > did a U turn and followed me!!??!) - fast - hits the brakes - and > points his > SUV with Hi-beams on dead on at my drivers door.........he jumps > out... he > runs over yelling "F U", "F", this, "F" that, get the "F" outta the > car, you > mother F'er ...he then PULLS OPEN MY DRIVERS DOOR.... at this point my > female > friend is crying.. this guy then reaches in, grabs my jacket, and > tries to > PULL ME OUT OF THE CAR, i was pretty shaken up, i was cornered in by > his SUV > and had nowhere to go... he continues to try to get me to "fight him" > and > holds the door, keeping me from shutting it.. i am almost 31. i have > no > desire to get into a fist fight with anyone. my friend scarted to > scream and > cry loudly, and then this guy takes his open hand, smacks the drivers > window > (it a wonder he didnt break it) and the door slams closed..i quickly > lock the > doors, didnt know what to expect.. he then belts out a few more > expletitives, then spits on my window (yea, really!) and then gets > back in > his SUV and leaves.. funny thing was his girlfriend (what kind of > person is > she??) is sitting in the front SUV pass seat with her head turned away > the > whole time.. > didnt get a plate number. i was pretty shaken up. > what kind of person would do that? seriously F*cked up.. seriously. > loose cannon.. prolly beats his gf. dunno. > lock your doors folks, there are alot of crazy people out there. > > still shaking... > chris

[text/html]