Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Feb 2001 18:27:43 -0500
From:         Lawrence C Leung <l.leung@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: road rage...my first experience tonite.. LOCK YOUR DOORS!!!
Comments: To: fast928@prodigy.net
Comments: cc: JordanVw@aol.com, vwpassat@egroups.com, quattro@audifans.com

I had a similar thing happen to me while I was riding my bike a couple of years ago. Too bad the punks that threw something at me didn't realize I was only about 50 yards from my house, and that I have trained myself to check out plates quite quickly (ask me why!). As soon as the laughing goons were out of sight (I did chase them to get the plate number, they were SURPRISED that a bike could go fast enough in a neighborhood to keep up, still had my old racing legs that day!) I turned around, went home called the cops. The cops ID'd the car and driver by description in about 2 hours, and contacted the parents. The cops put me in touch with the parent (after asking both parties) and the parent revoked driving privaledges through the remainder of the school year and summer until the kid left for college (!) and had the cops arrange some sort of community service. I commend the parents, and I'd bet that the contents of the car wouldn't try that stunt again (and I'd bet the story went around the school the kid went to. It was a smallish High School anyway). Anyway, Chris, I'm glad that you are unscathed, I think you did the right thing (by doing nothing) and I'm really sorry that there are ASSHOLES out there and you had the misfortune to meet one.

LL - NY

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001 10:31:32 -0600 "Andrew Lundy" <fast928@prodigy.net> writes: >Chris-- > >That sucks man!!! The only way you teach people like that a lessen is >by >getting their license number!!! Calls the cops and let him spend a >few >nights in jail. He would have had at least two charges on him easy!!! > I >had some "troublemakers" pull some crap on me last week....story >follows > >I was out shoveling my sidewalk a few days ago (with my back to the >street). >When I feel something hit my shoulder about 4 inches from my eye. I >turn >around and see this piece of crap mid 80's red Escort scooting down >the road >with the passenger side window down (remember I was shoveling, so it's >not >window down weather). I look in the snow at what hit me quick >(thinking it >was a snow ball) but I see what looks like a goldish wrapper. So I'm >a >little pissed someone wants to throw something at me while I'm >shoveling. > >Knowing that my keys where still in the car I hop in my "q" and catch >up to >him. (I don't think he was counting on my quattro) I catch up to him >write >down the plates number, take a look at how many are in the car and >what they >are wearing (as best I can)!! Run up on them again to double check >the >license number (all looks good). When I pull up along side of them to >turn >the other direction...they won't even acknowledge that I'm >there.....scared >white!! > >I get back home thinking that will scare them enough (them knowing >that I >have the plate number). Well I decide to take a better look at what >they >threw at me.....it was a AA battery!! Now I am mad.....to shorten the >story >a bit. Call the cops and charge the little #$$ with assult. (Is this >what >they meant by assult and battery????....I know, bad joke) The cops >track >the kid down and he admits to it....as of now he's been referred to >juivinile court (little high school punk). > >I bet he doesn't throw a battery at someone again.....let alone pull >that >crap that jerk did with you tonight. I know if that guy pulled that >crap on >my wife an I, she would bleed the guy dry and he be in the slammer for >a >long time. Although, it helps when she's a lawyer and she knows >almost the >entire police force and the district attorny's :-) The poor >"battery" kid >didn't stand a chance!! > >Glad you didn't get hurt......next time keep your wits and get his >plates!!! >That's the only way they learn!! >--- >Andrew Lundy >fast928@prodigy.net >90 80q >91 90 >95 90q > >----- Original Message ----- >From: JordanVw@aol.com >To: vwpassat@egroups.com >Cc: quattro@audifans.com ; vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com >Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2001 3:19 AM >Subject: road rage...my first experience tonite.. LOCK YOUR DOORS!!! > > >tonight i was at the local mall, went there w/ a female friend for a >dinner/ >movie.. we were heading out from dinner, over to the movie >theatres. >parking lot is filled with big piles of plowed up snow, so visibility >around >corners etc, is limited. >Got to an intersection in the mall parking lot, looked both ways, >then >proceeded. view to my left was blocked by a big pile of snow, so i >didnt see >this guy (i am using the term "guy" to be nice at this point) in a >SUV >flying >aroung the corner.. ok, no biggie, i lead foot it, get out of his way. > he >slows, (not locking brakes) and hits the horn as he passes me. ok, >so it >was a minor inconvienience, and i should have been alittle more >careful, my >visibility was limited, but no harm done, shrug it off. . Anyway so i >go >onto the movie theatre, a few minutes more, and park. well, much to >my >astonishment - this "guy" (punk ass kid describes it better) looked >to be >in his early 20's? who was driving the SUV pulls right up to me >(aparently >he >did a U turn and followed me!!??!) - fast - hits the brakes - and >points his >SUV with Hi-beams on dead on at my drivers door.........he jumps >out... he >runs over yelling "F U", "F", this, "F" that, get the "F" outta the >car, you >mother F'er ...he then PULLS OPEN MY DRIVERS DOOR.... at this point >my >female >friend is crying.. this guy then reaches in, grabs my jacket, and >tries to >PULL ME OUT OF THE CAR, i was pretty shaken up, i was cornered in by >his SUV >and had nowhere to go... he continues to try to get me to "fight him" >and >holds the door, keeping me from shutting it.. i am almost 31. i have >no >desire to get into a fist fight with anyone. my friend scarted to >scream and >cry loudly, and then this guy takes his open hand, smacks the drivers >window >(it a wonder he didnt break it) and the door slams closed..i quickly >lock >the >doors, didnt know what to expect.. he then belts out a few more >expletitives, then spits on my window (yea, really!) and then gets >back in >his SUV and leaves.. funny thing was his girlfriend (what kind of >person >is >she??) is sitting in the front SUV pass seat with her head turned away >the >whole time.. >didnt get a plate number. i was pretty shaken up. >what kind of person would do that? seriously F*cked up.. seriously. >loose cannon.. prolly beats his gf. dunno. >lock your doors folks, there are alot of crazy people out there. > >still shaking... >chris >