Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:21:53 -0500
From:         Derek Drew <derekdrew@RCN.COM>
Subject:      Factory Only Parts--Camelback Replacement Vendor On Our List
              Already
Comments: To: SyncroHead@aol.com

It has come to my attention that Rennie, otherwise known as volksdragon@earthlink.net, is able to get us parts at 20% over dealer list and is happy and willing to supply us.

He has been posting to the list all kinds of help and owns his own Vanagon, and we have sort of ignored him as a place from which to order parts, partly because he never mentioned anything about becoming a vendor and doesn't want to "undercut" anybody.

But his prices are likely a discount from the amount we have been paying Camelback when sourcing factory-only parts, it appears that it might be wise to start shifting our business to the extent Rennie wants us to. I spoke to him this morning and he says he is fine to become the new Camelback if that is what we want to do. I hope he has a cooperative shipping department.

Next time you need to source some parts available only through the dealer network, consider trying Rennie out. Possibly this could work out.

He is on email more than Camelback is, and seems genuinely interested in the vehicle and in helping out so all else being equal, he could be the best choice for this.

Meanwhile, if the part is a Europe-only part or carries a significant European price advantage, I have set up a pathway for efficient sourcing from there email me if you want to pursue this avenue. _______________________________________________ Derek Drew New York, NY CEO & Co-Founder http://www.ConsumerSearch.com/ =========================== "Best Expert Review Site" for product reviews on the Internet Jan. 2001, PC World Magazine ========================== 80 South Street, 2nd Floor New York, NY 10038 derekdrew@rcn.com 212-580-6486

Alternate numbers for the industrious phone caller that wants to try every avenue: 917-848-6425 (cell); 202-966-7907 (Work), 212-580-4459 (Home), 202-966-0938 (Home), 978-359-8533 (fax [efax]), 212-269-3188 (Seaport office), 212-269-3188 (Seaport main number).