Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Feb 2001 03:04:59 -0500
From:         "Harald@vwbus-online.de" <vwbus@A-TOPMAIL.AT>
Subject:      Re: Syncro 16" Double-Cab
Comments: To: Double-Cab Guy <doublecabguy@POWERSURFR.COM>

Hi Glen,

first I want to say, that my English knowledge very poor. I am from Graz/Austria. I read this list often, but it is my first message at this list.

The first Syncro 16" I saw in September 1986. The sales started at the end of of 1986.

The last day of the Vanagon production in Graz was 20 Nov. 1992. I visited sometimes the factory of Steyr Daimler Puch, when they built the Vanagons and I knew some helpfull people there.

If you can tell me the *Modellnumber* from the sticker near the fuse-box near the drivers-door or in your service booklet, I hope, that I can tell you how your car was biult at the factory. You will find that number starting with 247 for the Double Cab, e.g. 245 for the Single Cab, 253 for a Kombi based vehicle, 255 for a Caravelle or Vanagon GL. The three digit number that follows tells you about the stock engine, body, tire & rim combination. This *Modellnummer* can be e.g. 255 4A7 at a Caravelle (the european name for the Vanagon). If you tell me the VIN Number too, I can tell you the month when your car was built.

Harald@vwbus-online.de

VW Caravelle CL syncro 14"