Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:47:53 -0500
From:         Jason Willenbrock <pooncerelli@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      burned rotor and temp II ques. 90gl

hey all, it happened again. this is the second time in one month that my rotor has burned up on my 90gl. the first time it was a aftermarket rotor and cap this time it is a bosch cap and rotor. however, this time it is not quite burned but i can see signs that it is burning b/c of a little char around the metal edge of the rotor and directly on top of rotor (maybe this is normal, but the last rotor burned up completley). what is happening here? i just installed this new engine a couple of months ago and maybe i hooked something up wrong or the distributor is bunk or what? please help as i am about to drive cross country in march.

also, my idle is a little funky still. sometimes after drivig my rpm will idle at 1200-1400 fluctuating. the idle is set at about 900-1000 rpm. on first cold start it idles a little high (about 1200 rpm) but then comes down as the van warms up. however, like i stated after driving, the idle will go back up to 1300+ rpm for no apparent reason (van is warm). so i go back to the engine case and if i barely touch the tempII sensor wire and wiggle it, the idle jumps up (sometimes as high as 2000 rpm) normal? then the van will sometimes stall out from me playing with the tII sensor wire and won't start again for awhile, i guess it floods the ecu. why is this happening? sign of a bad tII sensor? i replaced it two years ago, could it be bad again? could the problem be in the tII wires? could this have anything to do with me burning up my rotors? ughhh! i am confused! please help! jason 90gl _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com