Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 Feb 2001 14:37:55 -0500
From:         Gary Stearns <gstearns@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: engine swap question

Alot of questions...congrats on your crew cab. Repowering with anything is possible if you have the $. Really though I'm pretty sure that you'd find the 2.5 6 cyl out of a bimmer simlpy too long a motor. The 2.0 4 cyl is more likely, but why rebuild the wheel when there are complete kits to install the 2.0 VW? The Corvair is kind of a cool idea except that it's probably lower on the refinement scale than the WBX, and it's air-cooled. Don't think I'd want to take on that reengineering project. Engine swaps are big projects. Unless you want your crew-cab to be off the road for a year while you figure out how to install your favorite engine, stick with one that's already been engineered for you.

Gary ----- Original Message ----- From: "DAN WILKIN" <msfandan@HOME.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001 12:23 PM Subject: engine swap question