Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:10:54 -0800
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Finally, a complete Westy carpet kit
Comments: To: Brian Asbury <asbury@TELEPAK.NET>

FYI Volks,

The volks at GOWESTY (www.gowesty.com) have been selling all sorts of Westy/multivan/Vanagon carpeting in all sorts of shades and configuration for a few years now.

I intend (one of these days when everything else is near perfect on my van) to finally get an area carpet for the converted Multivan seating arrangement in my 89 Syncro Westy. I've seen their carpet samples and I don't think it gets much better. There is a custom one for Westy with the 5th seat with holes aligning to the floor.

Keep'in warm in Rochester NY.

Joel

ditto what Derek said about any financial interests....

--- Brian Asbury <asbury@TELEPAK.NET> wrote: > Drew, > Thanks for the great information. I checked out the website and > it's not big > on actual pictures of the products. If you could post a report when > your > carpet kit arrives, I'm sure we would all appreciate it. > > > > > > > Volks, > > After many phone calls to various vendors, much disappointment, > > arm-twisting and cajoling, I can confirm that Sewfine > > (http://www.sewfineproducts.com/) now has a COMPLETE Westy carpet > kit. > > They've got patterns for different models (multivan, westy, > vanagon) > > that will cover seat pedestals, battery boxes, front passenger, > middle > > galley and rear cargo areas. Lots of colors that can also be made > into > > additional matching mats. Damage is $295 for everything back to > the rear > > seat, $395 including the rear cargo area. Already ordered mine. I > found > > Carol and Paula great people to work with. A "two-thumbs-up" list > > vendor. Hoping it makes my 18-year-old Westy look and even smell > new. > > > > Drew Bedford > > 83.5 Westy > > Park City, Utah > > > > PS-the usual caveat applies--I have no financial interest in > Sewfine. > > I'm just glad somebody finally offers a kit.