Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:26:05 -0500
From:         Gary Stearns <gstearns@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: major oil leak concern

Jason- The obvious first. Is it overfilled with oil? Don't trust the dipstick. Could be a dipstick from a Golf or something. Vanagon dipsticks are long. Another dipstick will be shorter causing an overfill to show "full". Suggest you drain the oil and refill with known correct volume of oil. Don't forget to include the volume of the filter. Next, if the problem is internal pressure or blow-by, I would expect the dipstick to get blown loose first. Is it? If not, pull the dipstick loose while the engine is running. Does it release pressure or blow out at you? I still suspect overfill.

Gary ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jason Willenbrock" <pooncerelli@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 11:38 PM Subject: major oil leak concern