Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:41:35 -0800
From:         VW Addict aka The Bus Nut <solomon_scott@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      I am up and running again and need a few parts. Webers for
              sale(34ICTs)
Comments: To: wetwesties@yahoogroups.com, type2@type2.com

Hello all, In case you have been trying to contact me, my computer has been on the fritz. So I ordered a new one and the cows just finished with it and droped it off. I also just traded the remains of my 71 Westy (minus parts requested) for a beat 8? Vanagon Diesel with no engine or trans. However, I did get the complete mounting system, hoses, brackets and everything diesel except the engine block, oil pan, and oil pump. I did not need the trans, as my Vanagon is an Auto. So now I have the start of what I need to put that 2.0L Jetta Motor in. But I do still need the il pan and pump/pickup tube. If you have one of these, or know where to get on, please contact me. I am in no rush, but will want to scrounge these up in the next 6mo or so. I do not have the engine or adapter yet. I am getting low on 71-73 Bus parts, but I do have tons of engine stuff for both upright and type 4s. I have several good cases, cranks, heads, some tin, fans. I may even be able to be talked out of my Weber 34ICTs for the right offer. I need to get the Vanagon fixed up more than I need the Webers. These fit a type 4. I may entertain trades for a 1.8 Rabbit GTI engine, 2.0L Jetta motor, Diesel oil pan and pickup, or other stuff.

===== Scott Solomon AKA "VW addict" 85 Westy Multi-Van (SOON!) 71 Westy (parting out) 76 Triple White 'Vert 72 Super Beetle http://www.geocities.com/solomon_scott/ See my FOR SALE area