Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Feb 2001 20:07:06 -0500
From:         John Flaherty <jflahert@MAINE.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Conversion

Jason:

Not all waterboxer owners feel that way. I've been perfectly satisfied with my 1.9. The engine itself has been very reliable. It's always started on the first try whether the temperature was 0 or 100 degrees. I've had it for 3 years, and about 30,000 miles. It currently has 161,000 miles. I've never done anything to it. I've replaced some peripherals, such as the AFM, but never touched the engine. The PO said the heads were done at about 90,000. When it finally does go, as all engines will, I'll throw another 1.9 waterboxer in it in a heartbeat.

Regards, John Flaherty '84 GL ----- Original Message ----- From: "wayout" <wayout@IX.NETCOM.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 11:46 PM