Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:44:13 -0600
From:         Alan Bosch <arbosch@RA.ROCKWELL.COM>
Subject:      FS: '88 Wolfsburg (Reluctantly...)

After much soul searching and internal strife, I must sell Phred, my '88 Wolfsburg.

The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Phred is a Maroon (for lack of the true VW color) '88 Wolfsburg with 120k miles. He runs well and has never failed to start. He received a new coolant distributor 12/99, new pads and calipers in the front, new drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, and hardware in the rear 10/00. New accelerator cable 10/00. New tstat 2/01. New alternator and battery 12/99. New belts 12/99. The engine seems tight and seems to run very well. Transmission (auto) shifts smoothly. Five VW alloy wheels with tires that are going to need to be replaced this year. The exhaust, from the Y-fitting on, is shot. However a new, uninstalled muffler and tailpipe is included. Jump seats with storage trays are included. The interior is in good shape, showing wear but not abuse. There is a Blau Seattle cassette deck, with Blau speakers mounter in the stock door locations, two Blau 6x9 speakers mounted in the kick plate under the rear seat, stock speakers mounted in the a/c duct in the rear, and two Kicker 4" round speakers mounted on the lift gate, all but the door speakers installed by the PO (not prefessional, but it works). Phred has received oil changes at regular intervals - 3k - 4k miles - using only Castrol Synthec motor oil and Mahle or Heckt filters.

Phred is suffering from rust. Most notably, a hole just above the passengers side rear marker light. There is surface rust on the nose from stone chips, etc. Too, there is some rust under the windshield gasket, drives side, about the size of a quarter, some under the gasket of the rear-most drivers side window - same size- and some seam rust toward the bottom of the seam, directly below the drivers side B-piller. The cup holders between the front seats are broken, the result of being stepped on by one of my sons.

I really do not want to sell this bus - it is my friend and my kids love it. However, I have neither the expertise nor the time to do the required body work - not to mention the financial means to have a pro do it - that needs to be done this year.

Specific questions can be p-mailed to me. If the bus is not sold within the next week or two, it's going on E-bay or being parted out. Phred resides in Rochester, NY. I may be able to get some digital pics later this week. As is often the case, I have no idea of the value, so offers will be entertained.

Sadly,

Alan Bosch & Phred ('88 Wolfsburg) - for now...