Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:23:51 -0700
From:         John Brush <jbrush@AROS.NET>
Subject:      Dash Panel interchange.

Well, its me again with another inquiry.......

I was at the junk yard today and came up with some front seats and various sundry items from an 85 GL. Poor thing. Not sure what happened to it. It almost looked like it must have had engine troubles and the owner just gave up. Just damage on the sliding door, and most of the other abuse looked to be from being in the weather all winter.

Anyway, as I was leaving it, I noticed the dashboard panel was the same color as mine, and is in fine shape. The thing I liked was that it has a tachometer <drool>

Mine is a 1981 air cooled, this one is an 85 waterbox. I would keep my own speedo, but I would sure like the tach if it would work. Is it likely to just be a standard electrical tach? In the world of small block chevies, we just attach the tach to the coil. Is that the way that this one would attach? I cannot recall where the gas gauge is located, but its all by itself on my panel. One an 85, does it appear there as well, and the tach just sits over it? Guess I should have looked a little harder

I might get the dash panel, or I might see if he would just give up the tach.

Anyone know why this wouldn't work?

Very much obliged for all of your advice, and tolerance for questions.

Regards from Utah,

John