Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:40:26 -1000
From:         Mick Kalber <hotlava@INTERPAC.NET>
Subject:      Re: Got clipped by a Camaro/Insurance fun

>However their > adjuster, after about 10 minutes on his computuer, gives me a figure of > $1760!!! and says my 82 Westy is slightly over their break point for > totalling the vehicle!!<

Why not get a quote for $1250... have the $850 shop do the work and drop the extra four hundred in your pocket or into the bus? I had an engine fire in a 76 loaf once... burned the plastic parts of the engine, but not the rest of the bus... insurance paid $2500 or $3K or some such. So I converted it from fuel injection to carbueration, saved $800 and put a beautiful Porsche color of paint on her... it was called "Blood Red." Looked red in some light and orange in others... very cool. All courtesy of my insurance company. Sometimes accidents are a good thing.

Mick Kalber 89 Syncro Westy "Daddeo" Tropical Visions Video, Inc. 62 Halaulani Place Hilo, Hawaii 96720 808-935-5557 808-935-0066 (fax) hotlava@interpac.net www.volcanoscapes.com

----- Original Message ----- From: Ken Hunter <EVEHART33@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 1:20 PM Subject: Got clipped by a Camaro/Insurance fun