Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Mar 2001 12:51:14 EST
From:         "Paul M. Hillbish" <Sersote@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Clipped by a Camaro/ Insurance finale

In a message dated 3/3/01 2:31:29 AM Eastern Standard Time, wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET writes:

<< When someone rear-ends you at five mph, and the bumper is bent a bit and she (yes, she) managed to bend up the panel of panted material that sticks out a bit under the bumper (valance, perhaps) and the insurance company offers you $1200 bucks when you know it's really only gonna take $250 to make it right, do you say, "No thanks. I really don't need that much!)? >>

I didn't either. I had a '90 Ford Tempo, that I bought for $500 from a friend. I had the car for a month, before some lady that lived above where I work decided that she was going to back up at about 45 MPH and into my parked car. We called the cops, and all the time she was saying that it was MY fault. She hit a parked car, in an open parking lot! Anyway, she managed to total it (even though it was drivable) and I got $3,000 for a car that I paid $500 for. I used that money to get my Jetta, which I paid $1500 for. So I came out of the deal $1,000 ahead. That $1,000 went into the Jetta recently though for mechanical repairs. Then, as luck would have it, after I get it out of the shop, I get rear-ended by an 18 wheeler. I seem to attract stupid people. So now I am in the middle of another insurance crisis. I'm just not allowed to have any vehicles that don't have any dents. Anyone know of a way to armor plate a car? I need the Batman shield.

--Paul--