Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Mar 2001 08:14:59 -0800
From:         Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>
Subject:      There are few bargains on eBay (Was:  Can't Believe the Van
              Prices on eBay)
Comments: To: steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET

There are few bargains on eBay. Apart from rare exceptions (I picked up a 1950's vintage stove worth $650 US for $30 US - but I think this had more to do with shipping woes and that it was listed on eBay Canada) it has become a sellers market. The price you see now means nothing, it is the closing price that matters and that can easily double or more in the last minutes of trading. Bookmark all of these vans to see what they actally close for.

Last summer I was bidding on non-running rust free split window westy. In the last 5 minutes the price climbed from $800 to $2,800.

The lion's share of eBay bidders don't even care what a new item will cost you, or bother to shop around. I saw a Lynksys 8-port router that sells for $185 all over the internet go for $250. Many used parts routinely sell for more than list vendors charge for new ones. I've seen silly closing prices on dual battery kits and instrument clusters. I was bidding on a Brooklands book that runs for $16 new in stores, that closed at $26.

Thanks, Chris

Thanks, Chris Gronski '80 Westy "Pokey" - SLOPOKEY '87 Chevrolet Sprint - Ice Racer '91 Pontiac Firefly - Convertable www.vanagon.org & .ca www.gronski.com, .org, & .ca www.nineelven.org & .ca