Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Mar 2001 11:58:47 -0800
From:         Todd Last <Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: wind noise at front windows question
Comments: To: Fred Brittain <vanpire@INTERFOLD.COM>

I have the same problem. My driver's door has a small airleak at the top, slightly behind the vertical bar for the vent window. I was thinking about putting some cord or rope under the weatherstripping to raise it up a bit and hopefully seal the airleak.

The doors do have an extra bit of weather stripping at the front of the door - but the dealer wants $40 each for these small (about 1ft) strips of weatherstripping.

I also have a leaky vent window by the front pivot hinge.

Lots of vendors have replacement door seals. I'd vote for replacing the whole door seal.

Todd '88 Westy