Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Mar 2001 10:40:26 -0500
From:         Joe Romas <jromas@COLUMBUS.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Intermittent Starting problem
Comments: To: Barry Armitage <armitage.1@OSU.EDU>

Barry,

If anything the oil should help! Could be a ignition switch, bad ground strap on the transmission, or a bad starter for starters! HAHA Opps, it's not Friday! To narrow things a bit, rig a bulb between the small wire on the starter the finds it's way to the ignition switch and next time it fails see if the bulb lights with the key in the start position. If it does then your problem is in the rear by the starter. (ground strap or starter). If it does not then the problem is between the ignition switch and the end of the wire at the starter. Best case is the switch, their cheap, worst case starter.

Hope this helps.

Joe

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry Armitage" <armitage.1@OSU.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 10:10 AM Subject: Intermittent Starting problem