Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Mar 2001 20:15:00 EST
From:         Robert Lilley <Wolfvan88@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gasket sealant

When I looked into getting the various sealants for building my engine, I ran across the BusBoys site and their listing of Elring-Curil Products. I thought that getting the sealant from the company that made the gaskets would be the best idea and it is what VW did.

The K-2 is the same stuff from the factory (It smells like and looks just like it) and the T is what they made for sealing the rubber head gaskets that they sell to VW.

I have used various forms of sealants on my VW's over the last 18 years and the Curil products have worked for me better than the rest so far.

While others have their opinions, I chose to get the sealant made for and made by the company that makes the rubber head gaskets, plus they cost than VWs prices.

[text/html]