Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Mar 2001 17:42:58 MST
From:         Joe Fortino <biker.pride@USA.NET>
Subject:      Re: [Re: HELP!  Need a gas cap.]
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>

this is what I do, open siding door throw cap with keys on the floor. todays pumps are so big someone could take your cap after they fill up.. DOH :) misplacing it for you.

* why don't gas stations have a box with gas caps for you to look threw *

i bet they just throw them away :(

Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET> wrote: Get the locking cap. It's twice the money, but you'll never leave it on a gas pump, so it'll wind up being cheaper in the long run. BTDT.

Karl Wolz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Warner" <jwarner@NETWALK.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 3:23 PM Subject: HELP! Need a gas cap.

> Okay, I admit it, I left my gas cap at the station and now it's gone. I've > tried several sources for a new cap but all I can find are the locking type. > I would much rather have the non-locking type and pay something less than the > 25-35 bucks I've been quoted for the locking one. So, I throw myself on the > mercy of the list. My Vanagon GL is an '87 and the cap I need has the finger > grips around the edge and goes on with a quarter turn twist as opposed to > screwing on like later models (don't know if any later Vanagons ever had this > type of cap but I'm just covering my bases). So anyone got an extra one lying > around they'd like to sell cheap? If so, you can pmail me at > jwarner@netwalk.com > > Thanks. > > Jeff Warner > '87 Vanagon GL > '88 Fox GL Wagon > '89 Fox GL 4-door > '74 Fun > Bug

VW addict

____________________________________________________________________ Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1