Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Mar 2001 09:34:32 -0600
From:         Max/Joyce Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Crankshaft Endplay Defies Me--Please Help
Comments: To: Mark Ingalls <ingalls_mark@HOTMAIL.COM>

As a youngster, i got to see first hand what happens to a 356 Porsche case when there isn't enough end play in the crank. The excessive friction actually damaged the housing that the rear crankshaft pulley seal resided in. Despite the removeable rear housing, it took some fancy language to get that re welded and back together again. I was able to buy that Super 90 engine complete for $100. That was a buttload of money to a 19 year old at the time, but man, did that engine rock several VW's that I installed it in over the next couple of years!

Dimwitted Moose and Flying Squirrel ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Ingalls" <ingalls_mark@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 3:02 AM Subject: Re: Crankshaft Endplay Defies Me--Please Help