Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:53:19 -0800
From:         sg <sg@SUNSETWINONA.COM>
Subject:      I almost sold my vanagon ...
Comments: cc: hawkeye@sunsetwinona.com

I almost cut my hair, no, wait ... I almost sold my vanagon westie, Buster. I hope he forgives me, but I was starting to loose faith. I bought him 4-5 months ago, and I havent been able to register him yet, do to whatever tangle of problems there are, probably including it not smogging, me not knowing what to do about that, and whats more, it not even making it thru the smog test cause it overheats. Man, I was feelin blue and low down. Then I was looking thru CraigsList, which is an online bulletin board / want-ad / message thingy here in (beautiful) San Francisco, when I saw an ad for a 1973 Dodge Dart for sale. I must admit, I started to have adulterous thoughts. A '73? No need for a smog check! I admit, I went to see it. I even drove it. It ran nice, the engine sounded great, it was beautiful! Wait a minute, the woman selling it is beautiful too. This is some kind of weird paradise. But then no, I started to catch on. It was just a case of the grass is greener on the other side. It didnt actually drive that great. It was so low i felt like i was sitting on the pavement. And the action was pretty boat-like, no matter what you Dart-fans say! And braking was a just plain scarey experience. Hmmm. Maybe what I have with Buster isn't so bad after all ... Maybe we can work things out. Yeah, that's it! I'm gonna keep going. He's not perfect, and neither am I. But he carries me around regardless, so Ill drive him around regardless.

-steve and buster

by the way, what happened to the beautiful woman selling the dart? I must admit, I asked her out. And I must admit, she said no.

[text/html]