Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Mar 2001 17:10:50 -0800
Comments:     To: CMathis227@AOL.COM
From:         DAN WILKIN <msfandan@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: O2 Sensor Questions

I was quoted $40 CDN last week at bow wow (www.bowwow.ca) not sure of the brand but the price sounds good. he said that the newer 3 wire O2 sensors were about $200(?)

Dan Wilkin 85 dbl cab victoria bc

Chad,

Have you checked your throttle position switch(es)? Also check your spark plugs and wires. I've been going through the same sort of problem. Mine is pretty much gone since I went through all the stuff that you did, checked the plugs and wires, replaced the O2 sensor, and wrapped a big piece of duct tape around the outlet on my mashed AFM.

Order a new Bosch O2 sensor fron Ron at the Bus Depot. If you don't know how old it is it could be a problem.

I can't figure out why Bosch would manufacture something under a different name and sell it for less.

Chuck '85 Wolfsburg Westy -- 'Roland'