Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Mar 2001 16:03:02 -0800
Comments:     To: Matthew Pollard <poll7356@UIDAHO.EDU>
From:         Graham Challis <centumg@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: new thermostat installed- now i have a question.

I changed the thermostat on my 90 GL this weekend as well. The temp. needle now sits directly over the warning light, which is OK, IMO. I've had my van since new and that is about where it's always sat except for the last month or so when the old thermostat gave up.

Graham 90 GL auto. --- Matthew Pollard <poll7356@UIDAHO.EDU> wrote: > Hi there > i finially stopped playing internet mechanic and got > good and dirty this > weekend and worked on my bus. I put new braked pads > up front and changed > the thermostat. I tested the old thermostat with a > NIST traceable > thermometer and it started to open at 160F!! Yikes! > So that was certainly > the problem i have been experiencing. The new one > (a la Bus Depot) is > stock (185) and went in with any fancy language. > > Question: how warm should the coolant be when > driving and/or what should > the temp sender voltage be? I bled the system 2x but > after driving for > about 20min the temp needle was 2/3 the way between > the LED and the > white-zone. I've never driven that warm before. > > Ok, back to work. Have fun. > > > Matthew Pollard > http://www.uidaho.edu/~poll7356 > Dept. of Chemistry > http://www.chem.uidaho.edu > University of Idaho http://www.uidaho.edu