Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Mar 2001 19:46:31 -0800
From:         phil stanhope <napszeerf@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: $20,000 for a Syncro Westy (Was: Do some years rust more
              thanothers? Thoughts on a winter Syncro)

I bought my 84' westy in CALIFORNIA. It had little rust. Then a year later, and BOOM! all the seams bursted with rust. By chance the origional owner flagged me down when he recognized the van. I asked about the rust, was it the pacific beach salt air? No, he drove it all over the USA going to Tennis matches. Obviously he drove in the winter on salty roads!

Phil 84' all white Rustfalia "Millenium Falcon" 84' all brown Rustfalia/Wolfy GL "?"

--- t <vbob@PRIMENET.COM> wrote: > Ah... sorry Chris, my 1984 WB has no rust. None. Of > course, it IS a > California bus. Most vans out here have little or no > rust. My 83 AC is > showing just a bit but not anything I would be > concerned about. My 81 > Westy has none either. It all depends on where these > busses were run. > > > tim o'brien > > > > > > The thing is Ontario uses a lot of salt on the > roads, so I'm worried about spending $20,000 on a > Syncro Westy $20,000 for a vanagon syncro westy? > > > > must have a porsche boxter engine at that price. > to answer your question - they ALL rust. parting out > a '90 carat, and i just put my foot thru the > driver's side rocker panel... > >