Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Mar 2001 19:38:22 -0700
From:         Trevor Cradduck <cradduck@KESTON.COM>
Subject:      Making an add-a-room for an EVC

To: cradduck@keston.com

We own a '97 EVC which has a Sidewinder II (8 foot) awning. We are interested in adding "walls" or screening in order to make an add-a-room. Has anyone tackled this job? Did you decide on full "walls" or just bug screening, or, perhaps, some combination of the two? We are not seeking privacy, merely a bug free area to enjoy our meals! We imagine that the "room" could be made up in three pieces each of which would attach to the support arms and cross bar using Velcro and with fasteners of some sort at the two corners formed by the upright supports. Presumably we would be wise to ensure there is a "hem" that tucks under at the floor and can be weighted or pegged down. We do have access to a sewing machine and this appears to be a fairly simple sewing task. If anyone has some experience in designing and producing such a "room" we would welcome your input before we invest in X metres of material and Velcro tape to "experiment". Many thanks -

Vinnie '97 EVC