Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Mar 2001 03:03:54 -0600
From:         Max/Joyce Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fright Night!!!
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jhrodgers@CHARTER.NET>

While removingthe FI system from my engine to drop it out the bottom of the van, I noticed a gas smell prior to removing any of the lines. Since i have all ofthe original factory crimps(unless the recall was done using factory crimp connectors as well, A call to VW said my VIN had had the work done at some point), I was a little surprised to be ableto pull one of the fuel lines off the plastic connection screwed in to the firewall with very little effort(didn't want to break the plastic connection and strand myself). Couldn't believe how easy that came off and hope it was the return line and not the pressure side!!

I was goingto save Ken's repair kit for the new FI system, but i think I'll fix this now and not gamble later.

DM&FS ----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <jhrodgers@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 9:06 PM Subject: Fright Night!!!