Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 Mar 2001 17:15:15 -0800
From:         radish150 <radish150@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      AC system wiring questions  (SOS)

Well, I commend anyone brave enuf to even think about helping with this one, but I know there are some brave souls out there. Huge thanks in advance. As you may know, I'm selling my AC system out of my vanagon (yes, it hurts but it's the thing to do in my case) and I have removed what I think is wiring that is ONLY for the ac system. I am unsure though of a couple of things. Firstly, there is a set of 3 relays under the dash that are connected to the ac system. I need to make sure that none of these relays are doing "double duty" and that none are essential for non ac functions. These are attached to a piece of galvanized sheep metal about 3x4 in. and held in place by two sheet metal screws just under and to the left of the steering column. Another mystery box that appears to be AC only is the small electrical box about 1.5x2x1 with several AC wires connected too it. It resides at about the mid line of the dash at about the level of the shift handle? This little guy obviously has something to do with the AC but I need to make sure I can pull it without removing a critical part of some other system. Lastly, there is a part of this system (two red wires) that run out the front of the van by the radiator and then back under the van to the battery box, and they hood directly to the pos batt terminal. Please tell me these are AC only... please. I await with much anticipation, a response.

Anxiously, mark...