Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:44:26 -0800
From:         jofo@INNERCITE.COM
Subject:      Re: Heater hoses
Comments: To: Joe Romas <jromas@COLUMBUS.RR.COM>

Joe - I'm about to start replacing these also. Do you remember how much 5/8 hose you had to buy?

Thanks, John ------------------------------------------------------------------ > William > > I used 5/8" heater hose for mine. The metal "T"'s going to the rear heater > can be replaced with plastic T's from flaps that are 5/8" all sides. Then > the hoses going up to the rear heater can be standard 5/8" also instead of > the special stuff. The very front two on mine looked and felt good so I left > them. The outlet on the right head has 2 different size ends, for that on my > 84 I used the similiar hose from a a3 jetta/golf. It's bends are slightly > different but it worked ok for me. The length was just about right for the T > to the rear heater. My hoses appeared to be original and I did not notice > any type of covering, it's possible that your van had pipe insulation added > by a PO. > > Hope this helps. > Joe > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Greenamyer, William L" <William.Greenamyer@WEST.BOEING.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 8:32 AM > Subject: Heater hoses > > > > Was under the van this last weekend and notices that the heater hoses are > > very soft and appear to be thin on rubber. Planning to replace them. > There > > seems to be a difference between the heater hoses presently on the van and > > what I expect on a car with heater hoses. My question----is there > anything > > special about the heater hoses for the Vanagon that I should know about? > > > > The present hoses appear to have possibly had some kind of protective > outer > > covering at one time but it seems to have been worn away making a rather > > porous surface that is rather thin. I just want to try and cover any > > unknowns (different diameter than normal heater hose or has to take more > > temperature than the normal heater hose, etc) before they become GOT-YA > > issues. > > > > William > >