Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:41:11 -0600
From:         Mark Ingalls <ingalls_mark@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tuning by O2 Sensor
Comments: To: Jay.L.Snyder@USA.DUPONT.COM

Hi Jay,

The 02 goes to nothing when you let off the gas may be the closed throttle switch shutting off the fuel. Mine goes to zero also.

I opened my AFM and adjusted the spring one way then the other. Then I drove it to see how it ran. I am currently at 10 notches less spring tension than stock. This is not quite right but it runs well.

At 3K in open loop I'm at .8 volt also. I tried to increase tension on the spring to get around .7 volt at 3K in open loop, but the van lost all power just of idle. I was at a intersection and didn't have the power to get out of the way! So a person needs to try out their changes on a safe street.

The voltage in closed loop is supposed to bounce back and forth of .5 volts at idle and when cruising. Mine does that.

I constantly monitor my 02 while driving with a digitool.

Happy Travels, Mark Ingalls

I constantly monitor my 02 voltage