Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:44:40 -0800
From:         Brian Cochran <rangerbrian@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Home engine repair happenings: Latest news and last fix-its.
Comments: To: jhrodgers@charter.net

Hey John, I guess you missed the controversy back in Jan. I'm taking Boston Bob's side, since he see's PLENTY of wasserboxers and never sees problems with main bearings, etc.. There's nothing wrong with Lilley's idea of having a balanced crank, from what I have read/heard, but it just isn't needed. My problem is almost completely confirmed as a oil pressure relief valve problem. No light today for the 35 miles logged! That sucks since I did indeed go through a lot of cash, time and effort to replace the rod bearings. But it didn't hurt anything. Now, do you think I'm going to pull things apart again? NOsiree! If the oil pres prob continues, it is a new engine, or conversion, or over the cliff. Brian Cochran