Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Mar 2001 00:12:29 -0800
From:         VW Addict aka The Bus Nut <solomon_scott@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Problem fixed
Comments: To: wetwesties@yahoogroups.com

Hello all, I had great day today. As you may have heard I was having trouble with my 85 Vanagon running poorly. irst it would not pass Wa. state emissions test and then it started running very poor, loosing power and shuddering. I played with it a little, but did not fix it. I got a call from Robert Keezer this morning and he came to visit. After talking for a little while we started poking around the Vanagon. We swaped and unplugged this and that one at a time and the problem was still there. So I pulled a set of plug wires and cap from my stash (Bug or Bus wires)and swaped them on. The trouble stopped right away, the engine runs great and I bet it will pass now. I am amaized at how well this Van runs with 175K on it. While Robert was there we also talked more about my future conversion to a Jetta/Golf engine. I still need to get my hands on a Diesel oil pan and pick up tube. (anyone?) It is always fun to talk to someone that is as crazy as you are :). It is also great to have someone to bounce ideas off of, thanks Robert! So I am gearing up for a season of fun and adventure in my new Westy. Spring meet will be my first outing in the Van, this will help to figure out what I need to do for up coming trips, Puyallup is very close to my house so it makes it nice. Thanks everyone for all your helpful sugestions, see you at the Puyallup.

===== Scott Solomon AKA "VW addict" 85 Westy Multi-Van (SOON!) 83 Vanagon D parts heap 76 Triple White 'Vert 72 Super Beetle(maybe for sale) http://www.geocities.com/solomon_scott/ See my FOR SALE area