Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:55:23 -0500
From:         emz <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      Wiring for CIS-E F.I. in Vanagon

OK, here's one for the record books. I'm getting down to the wire (no pun intended) on the installation of my 1.8L inline VW engine, in to my SS Syncro. I have one item left to figure out where it gets wired in. The Idle up solenoid valves. There were two in the VW Fox system, one been used obviously for the AC . The problem is I need to establish what controlled the second valve. Now this is interesting. I can't seem to find a wiring diagram that shows the CIS-E system running this valve. The Wiring diagrams I have showing the CIS-E Systems all have a idle stabilizer valve. This valve (the idle up solenoid valve) came with the Fox motor. It is the same solenoid valve that is used on the CIS system with a O2 sensor. A simple valve. I have the wiring diagrams for several Golf , Jetta, Fox CIS-E fuel injection systems. They all show a idle stabilizer. Anyone have any info. on its wiring? I must be missing something here? Any info. would be appreciated

Eric http://www.fyi.net/~vw4x4/swap.htm

[text/html]