Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:15:43 -0800
From:         radish150 <radish150@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      "load index"

> What a pair of ridiculous statements. Best for what? > No-one has ever had trouble with a Michelin tire? Rubbish! > There is a lot more to choosing tires than the brand. > How about load index? - the most important thing to check when buying tires > for a Vanagon. > Dear Mr. Load (index),

I have owned nearly 300 cars as I have been known to supplement my income buying and re-selling them. I the process I've bought allot of tires. Also, I worked in a tire shop that sold Mich during college. Thus, due to personal observation, I can say without a doubt that the amount of problem michelin tires are VERY few compared to most other brands. They are among the most expensive tire brands and as many of us have come to understand, you do get what you pay for. They know they are the standard bearer for the tire industry and their quality control is very high, as are the number of tires that they throw away because they are imperfect.

When I said, "buy whatever size suits your fancy" I was alluding to the fact that many people on the list feel differently about exactly what size of tire they want on their Vanagon and what load range even for that matter. So, I meant get your basic configuration figured out, buy a michelin tire and you won't be sorry. I don't see where my post indicated that one should ignore the load rating...? Do you? I didn't think so.

Yeah, that's right, in fact don't even check to make sure it fits on your wheel first, just go out and buy the first michelin you see.

Mark...