Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:34:55 -0800
From:         George Wietor <wietorg@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Brake pedal pumping.
Comments: To: Michael aka ECHO <echosmurf@YAHOO.COM>

IMHO< sounds like the master cylider needs to be replaced. Now. Been there. Any other listsperts? George. --- Michael aka ECHO <echosmurf@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > If the master cylinder is going out.. it doesn't > neccessarily leak. Pressure can blow past the seals. > This is what happend to my g/f's jetta. After, I > spent > many hours get pissed-off. $ wheel cylinders > later... > Decided on trying out the master.. Voila! Just a > suggestion. Unless you can see leaks somewhere > (typical of a pressurized system) I would say you > have > a leak somewhere, let alone a brake line. Reminds > me.. > I might have to go lokk up too see if there is a > vacum > boost.. taht could also be a culprit. Good luck. > Hope > this might help with some ideas. > Michael aka ECHO > (fixing links on the web page.. it's still under > construction..) > --- puzerewski <puzerewski@EMAIL.MSN.COM> wrote: > > Spent today working on the van at a friends shop. > > Replaced one caliper and > > one rotor, and bled system. Only replaced the one > > rotor that was at minimum > > spec, the other was fine. Used a new caliper to > > replace one that was > > leaking at it's seam. > > > > Before above work, it seemed that if I pumped the > > brakes one or two times > > the brakes would engage higher on the > > pedal.....after the work, same result. > > > > They have been bled until clear fluid comes out, > no > > leaky wheel cylinders. > > No leaks at the master, either. > > > > Any ideas? > > > > > > Adam Puzerewski > > 81 westy > > 74 beetle > > > > Vanagon Partsmobiles > > > ===== > MY first VW! > 1980 Vanagon L "D'Arius" > LOOK a > picture!!!http://www.geocities.com/echo207/vanagon.html > Need any general computer help? Computer blonde? > E-mail: > echo207@excite.com and I will see what I can do to > help. > And a limping 84 buick Skylark > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/