Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:55:44 -0500
From:         David M Luddy <dluddy@HOME.COM>
Subject:      FS ... 1.9 litre engine core plus+ ... 90K

Hello All, I've purchased an '85 GL with 90,000 one owner miles on it. Its been sitting for a year. I got the engine running today after a 3rd weekend visit.( I haven't relocated the vehicle to my studio yet. Anyway, I purchased this Van to build up into UberB21F . So the very un-uber engine is up for parts... here's what I know... * 90,000 miles on the Vehicle * No major engine work ever performed (heads never off, ect.) * has been sitting in a driveway for a little over a year. * PO said it still ran strong, no knocks, or leaks * Some thing amiss with Fuel injection system (won't run unless you bottle feed it gas!... literally!) I could intra-veneously feed it into a large vacuum line and start and idle it like that. compression No.1-4 ... 140 lbs, 125lbs, 75lbs, 115 lbs

included for 500 bucks... a nice low-milage core , maybe as a backup engine? complete engine (out of an '85 Automatic GL, so no flywheel, clutch) exhaust system. descent shape fuel injection system (everything fuel related in engine bay) condition unknown. I'm keeping the Torque converter plate, alternator, engine mount crossbar

Willing to crate and ship via Amtrak , or your pre-contracted freight hauler. David Luddy

'86 GL "Auto-Ubernat" '85 GL "Auto-UberB21-F" or maybe "Auto-UberT-diesel" '85 GL "old blue" '85 Westfalia "de-popped,de-propped,mostly de-opped"