Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Mar 2001 04:35:18 AMERICA/FORT_WAYNE
From:         Andrew Payton <zenlunatic42@USA.NET>
Subject:      Re: ETKA software for Mac... or not

Howsabout we just forget the whole MAC hooplah... The real question we ought to be answerin is what do all those laptop users do out there that got the nice 'puters with the lil' screens? I'd hate to think I have a nice piece of machinery that's worthless in that area.

Andrew Payton 82 Vanagon

radish150 <radish150@EARTHLINK.NET> wrote: > > Before I start - let me state for the record that all of this is based on > > the assumption that the ETKA CD contains software, and not just doc files. >

> Ah, if that's the case and there is a windows "program" on there then it would indeed require an emulator. But is this an "assumption" or an established fact? And how important is the "program"? Is it just a glorified search ap? Because all we really need are the documents, right? PDF is a lovely format for such things, a listmember a > few weeks ago sent me the ETKA PDF docs for years 83 and 86 which were very helpful until my computer swallowed them during an epileptic fit. The point is they were very helpful without the "program". Maybe a listmember could convert them all into PDF's and we could have a mac version without the application program? I'd do it but I > don't have Virtual PC. >

> I know we mac people are a minority, you guy's should treat us well, because we really control the world. The PC users are just not part of the cognoscenti. We do have a part of our organization who's job it is to interface with the public. Mostly these operate under the guise of "public service clubs", but the true nature of these are > very different than they appear. Most members of these "clubs" never become aware of the true nature of the organization they think they have just joined. A very select few though, if they are of the "right mind" and come from the right families, can rise though the ranks to a position of some knowledge. The total picture is never known > to any but those at the top of the pyramid, and as you go down the ranks, the people only know the part of the picture that they can see from their

position on down. Each position is manipulated by the levels above them, and they in turn manipulate the positions below them. This is how we run the world. All knowledge is > compartmentalized, need to know basis. The really interesting part is what occurs at the top of the pyramid. Look on your dollar bill, what does the eye represent? God? Nope, it's the all seeing eye of... MAC. All macs are actually much more than just personal computers. This is just a small part of the job they perform for their > operators. They are very powerful tools that are connected directly to the huge mainframes in Belgium and certain places on the East coast of the US. These are the computers that keep track of every move each of you make, there are no secrets anymore. In fact, this ETKA thing is just a test, the results are being recorded now, and some > of you are being marked for a very special mission that you will not remember when you are done. Some of us are dissenters from within, you will never know who we are. I must go, my life is in danger. >

____________________________________________________________________ Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1